Posted to user@struts.apache.org by delbd <de...@oma.be> on 2005/02/23 15:04:39 UTC

how to link to an url stored in actionform?

Hello,

I'm a bit lost with the way am supposed to create a link using informations
stored in the actionform in a JSP page.

I looked at the html:link but it looks like you can only extract the part
after the '?' from the actionForm.

I was thinking about simply using a classical jsp tags after setting my
actionform as a jsp bean using bean:struts but it seems it maps a
DynaActionBean representing the xml fragment of my struts-config.xml. That's
not what i need.

So now am blocked. I have an class which extends ActionForm, this class has a
getter and a setter for a property named 'url'. This ActionForm is prefilled
with datas from an other action and i can't find how to get it back!
To be more precise, the url property contains something like
'/files/section/myfile.pdf' and i need to create a link to
'http://theserver/thewebapp/DAV/files/section/myfile.pdf'

Some help would be usefull, i can't find any doc on how to do it :)

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

Re: how to link to an url stored in actionform?

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.

delbd wrote:

>But i'd really like to know how
>i am supposed to access my actionform in jsp. Can't find any doc on it. And
>bean:write request the name of the bean to use. It does not seems to default
>to the actionform. So the basic question is simply, where on hell is this
>actionform??

I always say "where in hell", but "where on hell" has a certain style to
it. I think I will start using that if you don't mind.

I'm not sure I understand the problem fully, but your ActionForm is
stored in whatever scope and under whatever name you specified for that
Action in struts-config.xml.

If you have name="myForm" and scope="request", then you can access your
form with "${myForm}".

For example:

<c:set var="details" scope="page" value="${myForm.someProperty}"/>

Hope that helps any.

Erik

Re: how to link to an url stored in actionform?

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@gmail.com>.
I've never been completely sure of the answer to this question myself,
so I just took a dive through the source code for
RequestProcessor.processActionForm().  It looks like, by default, it
just stores it as a request-scoped attribute with the name of the
ActionForm itself.  You can override this by using the attribute named
'attribute' in your ActionMapping.

-- Jeff

--
Jeff Beal
Webmedx, Inc.

Re: how to link to an url stored in actionform?

Posted by delbd <de...@oma.be>.
The URL comes as a result of form filled by user A.

This is then stored in system.
Later, User B show the same form as user A in edit mode.
An additionnal section appear showing the link to the ressource created by A.
As those forms maps datas from a workflow it's quite cumbersome to put all
those datas also as request attributes, not to mention i have to think about
it for each action which leads to the same jsp.

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@gmail.com>.