Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kirk Bailey <id...@netzero.net> on 2002/02/07 17:38:10 UTC

security problem

I am writing a control system for the management of lists, n ot
membership, actual creation, management, and destruction of email
lists. I want this to be hack resistant, and am aware of the potential
for a middleman reading of the datastream to discover paswords, so am
considering using encryption to impede such an attack. But I know
nothing about it.  Are there any links about how this is handled in
apache, and with the popular browsers?

--

end
	    Respectfully,

 +-------------------------"Thou Art Free."
-Eris------------------------+
 |             Assorted blows against the empire I
comitted:             |
mailto:highprimate@howlermonkey.net |
mailto:grumpy@tinylist.org  |

+---------------------Thinking|NORMALICY|Thinking-----------------------+
                               +---------+

Re: security problem

Posted by jon schatz <jo...@divisionbyzero.com>.
On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 08:38, kirk Bailey wrote:
> considering using encryption to impede such an attack. But I know
> nothing about it.  Are there any links about how this is handled in
> apache, and with the popular browsers?

http://www.modssl.org

-jon

--