Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Nathan Mcminn <NM...@theblragency.com> on 2004/03/10 17:17:40 UTC

Torque versions and Maven plugin

I'm not sure that I am posting this in the right place, my question kind
of spans a couple different projects.  I don't have a ton of experience
with this particular set of tools, so please bear with me.

I have a pretty big application written using Turbine/Torque/Velocity.
We are using Maven for project management.  Using the Torque plugin for
Maven, I am able to generate my source files just fine.  However, when I
try to build, I get a slew of compiler errors complaining about the
generated classes, like the one below

C:\SOURCE~1\NEO-MA~1\NEO\src\java\com\nequalsone\om\BaseSurveyReportDefi
nitionParameterPeer.java:93: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable category
location: class
com.nequalsone.om.BaseSurveyReportDefinitionParameterPeer
                category.error("Could not initialize Peer", e);

All complaining about a missing variable "category"

In my project.xml file for this project, Torque 3.1 is defined as a
dependency, and is available in my Maven repository.

I suspect what may be happening, is that the Torque source file
generation is using a different version than Maven is attempting to
compile against.  How can I configure what version of Torque the Maven
plugin is using?

Nathan McMinn
Application Developer
NequalsOne - HealthCare marketing tools