Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/12/02 00:16:57 UTC

MXNet External Sources (was Re: [VOTE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.0.0 release RC1)

One question about the below.  We've noted that much of the source code for
MXNet is coming from the external DMLC repos.  Are there plans to move
those repos into the ASF?

John

Re: MXNet External Sources (was Re: [VOTE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.0.0 release RC1)

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@cs.washington.edu>.
Many of them are stand-alone project on their own that MXNet happens to
depend on. Major open source projects other than MXNet depend on these
projects(e.g. XGBoost depend on dmlc-core).  So, for now, they can be
viewed as external dependencies like boost.

DMLC have talked about migrating more major projects to ASF to build an
Apache deep learning stack and had the intention to do so. Which I feel
belong to a separate discussion thread.

Tianqi

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@cs.washington.edu>.