Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org> on 2008/07/23 16:54:36 UTC

Re: Dedup Question

It will remove the one with the lowest score in the crawldb as set by
the scoring filters.  Dedup first removes by url then by content hash.
If the content is changed even slightly though it will *not* be detected
as a duplicate.  Solving that problem is called near duplicate detection
(ndd) and uses an algorithm called shingling which isn't currently
implemented in Nutch (but hopefully will be in the near future).

Dennis

url index

Posted by Marcel T <md...@hotmail.com>.
I'm trying to use an URL to get all indexed information about that URL, but didn't find any API. any hint? thanks!

RE: Dedup Question

Posted by Devang Shah <de...@gmail.com>.
>> Actually a custom plugin wouldn't work in this instance because it
wouldn't affect the document boost score.

Is that true? Doesn't indexerScore method in opic-scoring affect index boost
score - or methods like updatedbscore etc to update datum score?

-D.

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.

RE: Dedup Question