Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2014/09/19 15:49:27 UTC

13.07 release plan

I am new here but since I started to get active Release 13.07 has missed
2 published release dates.
I have also found out that some people are already using it in
production environment and are starting to worry about changes to 13.07
data structures and functionality that are being suggested as part of
"bug fixes" to 13.07 as part of the release.

Beta, RC1, RC2 planned?
Is there a list of tasks that need to be done to release the first 13.07
release which is currently scheduled for next week?
Have they been assigned and accepted?
When will they be completed?
There seems to be a lot of spare energy in the group at the moment and
it would be good to channel it into getting the release done.

Are there documentation or other non-coding tasks that need to be finished?

I understand that this is an open source project with volunteers but
there still needs to be some commitment to dates.
They may slip but it should be absolutely clear why they slipped and a
commitment from the PMC to see that the revised dates are met once the
PMC has published the new dates.

--

Ron Wheeler
President

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Personally, I always recommend deploying from the latest release branch.
Binary releases based on a branch are infrequent, while bug fix commits
in the branch are frequent.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
We have been following a rather informal process that worked quite well so far for the OFBiz community (see for example one of my recent post about the same subject).
Recently we have improved the way we manage the "version" information in Jira and we will be able to provide more precise "release notes" in the future.

Jacopo

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I am going to prepare the candidate release artifacts and then start a vote.

Regards,

Jacopo

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Would the backporting be done as part of the 13.07.02 release?

Ron

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Adrian,

no rush on my side; we could start the process sometimes in the second part of the next week.

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Re: 13.07 release plan

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.