Posted to user@drill.apache.org by James Turton <ja...@somecomputer.xyz.INVALID> on 2021/08/25 13:04:36 UTC

Re: Drill on AIX

Pardon the necro-reply here.  We do have some little-endian-only code,
see UnsafeDirectLittleEndian.java used by DrillBuf.java.  In fact, we
fail hard if we find the wrong endianness:

 > throw new IllegalStateException("Drill only runs on LittleEndian
systems.");

A little irony is that the abstract JVM itself is big endian :-).  I
heard that recent POWER processors are able to flip to little endian, so
doing that in the AIX guest or region (I don't know the correct terms
and concepts in that world) that will run Drill is a probably a good
first step.

James