Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2007/04/05 19:07:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.4 based on rc3

After fixing a problem with NOTICE.txt (the correct copyright was added)
the 3rd release candidate for Commons Configuration 1.4 is now available at
http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.4rc3/

The site can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.4rc3/site

Votes please! I will keep the vote open until the evening of Saturday,
7th April (GMT).

Oliver

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.4 based on rc3

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me - couple of comments, but nothing that IMO prevents the release

- theres still a reference to bugzilla on the Configuration index page
(issue tracking correctly points to Jira)

- when I tried to build checkstyle failed - upgrading to latest 3.0.1
of the checkstyle plugin fixed it, maybe the version should be
specified in the project.xml (or move to m2 for the next rel.)

- changes report refers to 1.4-SNAPSHOT (rather than just 1.4)

Niall

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hello Emmanuel,

nice to hear again from you!

Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> This release looks very good, congratulations Oliver. A few minor things
> I noticed :
>
> - on the roadmap, the "observable configurations" feature is still
> presented with the interrogative form
Good catch. I fixed this, so that the road map will be correct when the
site is deployed.

> - the new INIConfiguration is not tested on line 298, I'm not sure what
> this case means
>
> - INIConfiguration doesn't seem to support comments and values on the
> same line, the php.ini configuration file has this. It looks like :
>
>     key=value ;comment
>
> - INIConfiguration doesn't support quoted parameters :
>
>     key="value"

This is the initial version of INIConfiguration. I think we can live
with these shortcomings for now and improve the code if somebody
complains ;-)

> Nothing worth holding the release imho, it's up to you. You have my vote.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Thanks
Oliver

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Here is my +1.

Oliver

Posted by Ashesh <as...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.4 based on rc3

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
The vote for releasing Commons Configuration 1.4 has passed with the
following results:

+1:
  Emmanuel Bourg (*)
  Niall Pemberton (*)
  Phil Steitz (*)
  Oliver Heger (*)
  Ashesh Nishant

+0: none

-1: none

(*) Binding votes by PMC members

Thanks to all that participated in the vote and gave their feedback. I
will start the release procedure in a few hours.

Oliver