Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ji...@jidanni.org on 2009/12/17 19:00:52 UTC

sa-update 403 forbidden

Sometimes sa-update works, sometimes one gets
http: GET http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/asf/891585.tar.gz request failed: 403 Forbidden:
You don't have permission to access /sa-update/asf/891585.tar.gz on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (Fedora) Server at daryl.dostech.ca Port 80

I recommend that http://daryl.dostech.ca/ have an email address for
contact shown, so I can tell him directly the next time it happens.

Re: sa-update 403 forbidden

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 17/12/2009 1:36 PM, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> OK, thanks. I'd put some contact info on top of http://daryl.dostech.ca/,
> above "This blog is currently in a static state pending an upgrade
> of WordPress", in case something breaks next time.

I used to have that and I got about 100 messages a day asking for help
setting up sa-update.

Perhaps I'll try it again when I fix the website.

Daryl

Re: sa-update 403 forbidden

Posted by ji...@jidanni.org.

Re: sa-update 403 forbidden

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 17/12/2009 3:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote on Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:28:48 -0500:
>
>> early this morning.
>
> BTW, I was already getting this temporarily when trying to run the first
> sa-update for SA 3.3.0 beta1 a few days ago.

Could you tell me, off-list, the public facing IP that this was
happening to, the channel you were using, and approximately when this
happened?  I could potentially expect time-outs on the old host, but not
403s.  Checking the logs I only see 403s for the 5 banned-for-abuse IPs
(the list hasn't changed since Mar 2 2008).

Daryl

Re: sa-update 403 forbidden

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote on Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:28:48 -0500:

> early this morning.

BTW, I was already getting this temporarily when trying to run the first
sa-update for SA 3.3.0 beta1 a few days ago.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: sa-update 403 forbidden

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 17/12/2009 1:00 PM, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> Sometimes sa-update works, sometimes one gets
> http: GET http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/asf/891585.tar.gz request failed: 403 Forbidden:
> You don't have permission to access /sa-update/asf/891585.tar.gz on this server.
> Apache/2.2.3 (Fedora) Server at daryl.dostech.ca Port 80
>
> I recommend that http://daryl.dostech.ca/ have an email address for
> contact shown, so I can tell him directly the next time it happens.

Fixed.  Sorry.  I missed perms on a symlink target when I moved things
to a new server early early this morning.

Daryl