Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Edney <ne...@cmgplc.com> on 2001/02/28 18:05:53 UTC

Session value changes?

Hi,

We have a JSP page with an HTML form. The form does a POST to a servlet and
if validation of the posted data fails, it uses RequestDispatcher to return
to the JSP page with a suitable error message (otherwise it goes to another
page).

We have discovered that the session id is changing if the validation fails
and goes back to the JSP page - can anyone tell me why? We thought the
session id would remain constant until it either times-out or is explicitly
invalidated...

Regards,
Neil