Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Александр Осадчий <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 10:37:45 UTC

Tomcat 6 support

Hello,

I found in Syncope documentation that we can deploy to Tomcat 7
onlyhttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments#RunSyncopeinrealenvironments-ApacheTomcat7

But I can also run Syncope on Tomcat 6 without explicit problems.
So my question is it possible to use Tomcat 6? Or some side effects /
problems are expected?
Do you expect some changes soon, which are not applicable for Tomcat 6?

Best Regards,
Alexander.

Re: Tomcat 6 support

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Hi,

On Apr 3, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Александр Осадчий wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found in Syncope documentation that we can deploy to Tomcat 7 only
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments#RunSyncopeinrealenvironments-ApacheTomcat7
>
> But I can also run Syncope on Tomcat 6 without explicit problems.
> So my question is it possible to use Tomcat 6? Or some side effects /
> problems are expected?
There should be no problems with tomcat 6. But we don't have feedback with tomcat 6 because it's an old product.
> Do you expect some changes soon, which are not applicable for Tomcat 6?
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexander.
Regards
Marco