Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Eric Zhang <ez...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/07/22 03:01:36 UTC

max number of files opened at the same time on Hdfs?

Hi,
Apology if this question has been answered before, but I could not find
in the archive and twiki pages.   I am wondering what's the max number
of open files for writes  at the same time given a Hdfs cluster?   I am
streaming data into many different files (in the order of thousands) at
the same time on Hdfs (200 node cluster) and seemed to have problem
doing this.    Any insights is greatly appreciated.

--
Eric Zhang
408-349-2466