Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/09 21:11:55 UTC

Geronimo M5 documentation - LDAP

Hi all,
I updated the LDAP section (in the confluence site) with a sample
application (based on JIRA 417) and instructions on how to configure
LDAP on Geronimo when using Jetty as the Web container. Here is the link

http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/LDAP

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: Geronimo M5 documentation - LDAP

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Ken,
The initialContextFactory indicates who is providing the service. Since
in M5 we have to use SUN's JVM, and the fact that we are using the
"built-in" ApacheDS, I have not tried any other "funny" combination.

For example, com.ibm.jndi.LDAPCtxFactory or
com.novell.service.ldap.LdapCtxFactory also give you access to an LDAP
server but you may have problems reading objects created with a
different initialContextFactory. HTH

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Hernan,

GREAT! This is awesome stuff!!!

You may wish to add to it to create your own LDAP partition and
configuration of your schema.  See the directory.xml file for creating your
own partition.

Also keep in mind the standard ldap cli tools such as ldapadd and ldapsearch
work great with this as well.

Nice work!

Jeff

Posted by Ken Perl <ke...@gmail.com>.