Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robert Soesemann <rs...@sapient.com> on 2005/01/13 17:45:18 UTC

XSLT Task with external Saxon8

Is there a way to tell Ant's xslt task to uses Saxon8 as processor
WITHOUT copying the saxon8.jar to the Ant lib directory. I need this to
be as plattform independant as possible. Therefore I would prefer
putting the jar into an external application folder.
It does not work when I just add saxon to the XSLT classpath atttribute.

    	<xslt basedir="${kiwi_dir}"
    		  destdir="${split_dir}"
        	  classpath="${lib_dir}\saxon8.jar"
    		  style="${xsl_dir}\split-document.xsl"
    		  extension=".kiwi"
    		  includes="**/*.xml">
    		<param name="root-path" expression="${kiwi_dir}"/>

    	</xslt>
Any idea would be welcome.

I already checked the mtxslt task but it does not support saxon8 yet.

Robert

Re: XSLT Task with external Saxon8

Posted by "Anthony B. Coates" <ab...@theoffice.net>.
I'm not planning to develop the 'mtxslt' task further, since I haven't
felt it as necessary for Ant 1.6 as it was for Ant 1.5.  That said, I use
Saxon 8 regularly, but I do so by setting the classpath environment
variable to include the Saxon JAR file.

I must admit, it is a disappointment to me that Ant *still* doesn't do
classpaths properly in the 'xslt' task and other places.

	Cheers,
		Tony.