Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org> on 2017/08/21 16:06:28 UTC

Shell script to stop Ignite node

Guys,

Currently to stop node on a particular server (not using visor or web
console) I need to run "jps" and then "kill" with a pid.

What if we create ignite-stop.sh which will display the list of started
nodes on local host and allow user to choose one to stop. Also it should
support --all param to stop all and probably a signal.

Thoughts?

--Yakov

Re: Shell script to stop Ignite node

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Sure, Dmitriy

Filed the issue [1]

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: Shell script to stop Ignite node

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Huge +1

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: Shell script to stop Ignite node

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Denis,

I generally agree that Visor CLI should be more lightweight (connect using
thin client instead of starting client node) and have all this
functionality as well.

However, having a simple way to stop the node is very natural. It's a bit
confusing to our users that there is a script to start a node, but no
script to stop it.

Probably, instead of creating new script, we could add this directly to
ignite.sh by introducing --stop parameter.

-Val

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
+1

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Valentin Kulichenko <

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
+1