Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Ramesh Mani <rm...@apache.org> on 2022/04/27 06:48:45 UTC

Planning for Apache Ranger 2.3.0 release

Dear Ranger Community members,

There are various features and critical bug fixes done in the Apache Ranger
project since the release of Apache Ranger 2.2.0.
Around 55 improvements, 45 bug fixes and a total of 527 commits were made
from the last release.
Now with that Ranger community is expecting a release to adapt those
changes and hence planning this release.

Please review and provide your opinion.

Thanks,
Ramesh

*Improvements:*

RANGER-3687     Password Policy Best Practices for Strong Security
RANGER-3667     Improve feedback in policy creation UI when resource does
not exist
RANGER-3659     Ranger Admin goes to OOM when usersync is trying to delete
existing group mappings from ranger DB
RANGER-3459     Upgrade Ranger's Kafka dependency to 2.8
RANGER-3551     Analyze & optimize module permissions related API
RANGER-3539     Add jacoco-maven-plugin for code coverage
RANGER-3562     Redesign post commit tasks for updating ref-tables when
policy/role is updated
RANGER-3540     Add support to read audit logs from Amazon CloudWatch
RANGER-3030     Replace Findbugs with Spotbugs maven plugin
RANGER-3538     Reduce the granularity of locking when building/retrieving
a policy-engine within Ranger admin service
RANGER-3518     Limit the query size stored in Audit logs
RANGER-3276     Remove duplicate code from buildks.java
RANGER-3515     Enhance Ranger Java client SSL config to be configured
using serviceType and AppId
RANGER-3504     Create framework to execute DB patch dependent on Java
patch.
RANGER-3023     Permission tab takes longer time to load with large number
of users and group_users data
RANGER-3487     Update underscore js with latest version.
RANGER-3548     Update performance engine test scripts
RANGER-3556     Ranger tagsync logs unnecessary messages
RANGER-3573     Add vim in docker base image
RANGER-3578     Simplify code for policy label creation
RANGER-3675     Upgrade tomcat due to intermittent READ TIMEOUT
RANGER-3686     Docker setup to run Ranger with MySQL database
RANGER-3628     Support fine grain authorization for different solr objects
RANGER-3629     RANGER -  Handle solr permissions during upgrade
RANGER-3665     "No Data Found !!" messages in Ranger admin UI alarm users
RANGER-3662     There should be pause button for error popup
RANGER-3660     [Ranger Admin UI] Improvements in tooltip hints for better
user experience
RANGER-3649     Represent the Solr admin object types on the Ranger UI
RANGER-3658     Docker: Ranger containers to run as user=ranger
RANGER-3603     HDFS audit files rollover improvement to trigger rollover
in monitoring thread
RANGER-3651     Remove jersey 1.x version dependency for knox plugin
RANGER-3621     Optimise Tag/Policy iterator
RANGER-3521     Ranger KMS IS NOT ENFORCING HSTS ON SSL PORT DEFINED BY RFC
6797
RANGER-3455     [Logout-Ranger] Should either be disabled/ should redirect
to knox logout page
RANGER-3630     Support wildcards, group short names, and list of memberof
attribute DNs for computing user search filter
RANGER-3597     User role should not be able to modify the Policy
RANGER-3512     Create Java patch to update policy guid to unique value.
RANGER-3511     Create Java patch to update policy resource-signature to
unique value.
RANGER-3493     Add unique index on service and resource_signature column
of x_policy table
RANGER-3435     Add unique index on guid, service and zone_id column of
x_policy table
RANGER-3439     Add rest api to get or delete ranger policy based on guid
RANGER-3498     RANGER : Remove log4j1 dependencies.
RANGER-3475     Promote TagRest endpoints to /public/v2
RANGER-3698     Ranger - Upgrade kylin to 3.1.3
RANGER-3699     Ranger - Upgrade poi to 5.2.1+
RANGER-3533     Provide sorting on columns throughout the audits result set
and policy listing page.
RANGER-3693     Ranger - Upgrade tomcat to 8.5.78
RANGER-3689     Ranger : ranger-2.3 Port missing commits.
RANGER-3620     Ranger - Upgrade tomcat to 8.5.75
RANGER-3577     RANGER : Upgrade POI version to 5.1.0
RANGER-3566     Update version in ranger-2.3 to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
RANGER-3553     Unit test coverage for XUserMgr and UserMgr class
RANGER-3653     Replace aws java sdk bom dependencies with bundled
dependencies
RANGER-3561     Upgrade Storm version to 1.2.4
RANGER-3704     remove semicolon from c3P0 preferredTestQuery

*Bug Fixes:*

RANGER-3544     Security zones listing will be in alphabetical order.
RANGER-3638     Solr Ranger document level security breaks solr if
collection is reloaded
RANGER-3591     Upgrade protobuf-java to 3.19.3
RANGER-3403     Ranger usersync role based rules not working as expected
RANGER-3285     expose user source details in ranger UI
RANGER-3592     Upgrade Spring framework to 5.3.15
RANGER-3568     Services of one zone are seen in other zone from UI
RANGER-3589     Ranger java patches failing due to admin privilege checks.
RANGER-3543     Remove spotbugs-annotations-3.1.9 from classpath
RANGER-3554     [Intermittent] API call to fetch the list of policies for a
particular service repo returns a deleted policy in the response
RANGER-3546     Update Spotbugs plugin Executions cycle
RANGER-3427     Null Dereference in PublicApis.java
RANGER-3502     Make GET zone APIs accessible to authorized users only
RANGER-3535     A delegate admin user should be able to add another user
with all or subset of permissions they have
RANGER-3468     When multiple Ranger tabs are opened, Some tabs are not
redirecting to Knox Logout page
RANGER-3528     Ranger Group creation audit is not shown during service
creation
RANGER-3490     Make policy resource signature is unique in a service
RANGER-3507     Handle trailing slash in the ranger Hive URL policy
authorization
RANGER-3519     Provide an option to optimize space needed by Trie objects
RANGER-3516     Java patch 'J10045' taking more time during upgrade.
RANGER-3505     Ranger usersync fails to sync users when a duplicate user
exists in ranger
RANGER-3509     update role fails for role admins
RANGER-3433     Null Dereference in ServiceREST getPolicyByName method
RANGER-2704     Support browser login using kerberized authentication
RANGER-3584     ServiceTags are not computed correctly by applying
incremental changes to existing ServiceTags
RANGER-3663     RangerBizUtil.checkAdminAccess() should return false if
user-session is not available
RANGER-3709     Fix NullPointerException in
getSecureServicePoliciesIfUpdated call of ServiceRest
RANGER-3702     RANGER - Export policy in excel is failing.
RANGER-3677     Update Password Policy validation at WEB-UI
RANGER-3690     Fix NullPointerException in java patch 054
RANGER-2362     [security] Admin webui - Lack of account lockout
RANGER-3678     Update password validation criteria
RANGER-3674     Fix PMD issue
RANGER-3642     Ranger - Upgrade jquery-ui to 1.13.1
RANGER-3559     RANGER KMS - Metric details for kms are not getting
collected
RANGER-3625     Update isDebugEnable condition in RangerHiveAuthorizer
RANGER-3610     Docker: Skip service creation for ranger components during
ranger container restart
RANGER-3594     mysql setup scripts failed with binlog-enabled mysql
RANGER-3593     the hive table owner who create the table  can not have the
full privilege
RANGER-3579     Upgrade Log4j2 to 2.17.1 due to CVE-2021-44832
RANGER-3557     Upgrade to use log4j 2.17.0+ version to ensure that we are
using supported version of log4j
RANGER-3576     service creation is failing intermittently due to DB unique
key constraint violation
RANGER-3547     Upgrade to use log4j 2.16.0+ version to ensure that we are
using supported version of log4j

Re: Planning for Apache Ranger 2.3.0 release

Posted by Ramesh Mani <rm...@apache.org>.
Hello Aakash,

RANGER-3182 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-3182> We shall
include in Apache 2.3.0 release. Let's complete the review and mark it for
2.3 and it should be there.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Posted by Aakash Nand <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ramesh,

Posted by KirbY ZhoU <zh...@sensorsdata.cn>.
Missed some commit
For example:

RANGER-3299
RANGER-3580
RANGER-3600
RANGER-3619
RANGER-3669

在 2022/4/27 14:49,“Ramesh Mani”<rm...@apache.org> 写入:

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@atlan.com>.
Thanks Ramesh for volunteering for release.
  +1 for Ranger 2.3 release. Thanks for the initiative.

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@atlan.com>.

Posted by Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Ramesh,

Posted by Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.