Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2020/09/23 08:29:08 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.2.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 2.2.0 of
Apache Flink Stateful Functions,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

***Testing Guideline***

You can find here [1] a page in the project wiki on instructions for
testing.
To cast a vote, it is not necessary to perform all listed checks,
but please mention which checks you have performed when voting.

***Release Overview***

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Stateful Functions canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Stateful Functions Python SDK distributions to be deployed to PyPI
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository

***Staging Areas to Review***

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]

All artifacts are signed with the key
1C1E2394D3194E1944613488F320986D35C33D6A [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-2.2.0-rc2" [6]

***Vote Duration***

The only changes since the last RC were the following:

   - [FLINK-19327][k8s] Bump JobManager heap size to 1 GB: config change in
   example helm charts (non-blocking)
   - [FLINK-19329] FunctionGroupOperator#dispose() might throw NPE during
   an unclean shutdown (non-blocking, as it doesn't affect recovery or
   execution)
   - [FLINK-19330][core] Move intialization logic to open() instead
   initializeState (blocking, but was a very simple fix that was thoroughly
   tested in previous RC).
   - [hotfix] Fixed out-of-date NOTICE entries caused by Flink version
   upgrade (blocking)

Since the changes are fairly minimal and had been tested while fixing the
previous RC,
I'd like to propose a slightly shorter voting period of 48 hours for this
RC.
If there are objections for this, please let me know.

The voting time will run to at least until 25 Sep., 4pm UTC.
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Gordon

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+Stateful+Functions+Release
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-statefun-2.2.0-rc2/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1399/
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12348350
[6]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink-statefun.git;a=commit;h=4420c0382e6ee535daeda2b572ab8eea0af8a614

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.2.0, release candidate #2

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Thanks for testing and voting everyone!

The vote has passed with 5 +1 votes, 3 of which are binding:

+1:
- Igal Shilman
- Seth Wiesman
- Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai (binding)
- Aljoscha Krettek (binding)
- Piotr Nowojski (binding)

There are no 0 or -1 votes.

I'll announce the release in a separate email once the artifacts are
released.

Cheers,
Gordon

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.2.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pn...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)