Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/06 10:23:45 UTC

3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Hi guys,

org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.PrimitiveTextProvider#isSupported changed
when upgrading to also validate the media type.

This sounds better but it is actually a regression since before it was
supported with any media type.

A solution could be to have it twice in the writer chain, once with this
restriction at the beginning and another time without this restriction at
the end as a fallback.

Not sure it does worth a fix but was a small side effect I experienced
upgrading.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
yes makes sense, just not "as expected" reading the provider a bit blindly
:)

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
ok I see, thks!

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
how

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I see,

Re: 3.1.0 regression from 3.0.4

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Romain

Looks like you have a very nice set of tests which is impressive :-)

That was a 'side-effect' of getting a spec requirement enforced. It is
about  section 4.2.6,
"java.lang.Boolean , java.lang.Character , java.lang.Number Only for
text/plain"

Personally I think it is too restrictive but a TCK test is failing
against CXF right now, which is partially related to this requirement,
hence this restriction needs to be enforced first for the final test
solution to be done.