Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Marek Wiewiorka <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/07 14:37:36 UTC

Kylin ignores startTime in cube build process?

Hi All,
I came across a weird situation with Kylin cube incremental refresh.
I will try to describe it:
I've a cube with data up to 2015.12.03.
When tried to to build a cube segment for 2015.12.06 by specify a json like
this:
{
 "startTime": "1449360000000",
 "endTime": "1449446400000",
 "buildType": "BUILD"
}
Kylin ignored startTime and started building a segment 2015-12-03 --
2015-12-07
instead 2015-12-06 -- 2015-12-07 - so starting to build a segment starting
from the most
recent date in segment already available not the one I specified in a json
file.

So is it a bug or a feature that it's not possible to build a one-day
segment in such a scenario - it seems like Kylin does not allow gaps
between segments?

Thanks in advance!
Marek