Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Massimo Barabino <ms...@virgilio.it> on 2003/09/30 15:59:46 UTC

AdminClient Problem

Hi,
I' m running the axis context on a host wich isn' t assigned the
localhost (127.0.0.1) address but a LAN IP address instead.
It seems the AdmniClient requires enableRemoteAdmin true, otherwise it
returns a 'Forbidden' error. I copied the server-config.wsdd file from
another old axis installation into my webapp/WEB-INF dir, added the
enableRemoteAdmin true parameter and everithing works fine.
My question is the following.
Suppose I have just one fresh axis installation (the server-config.wsdd
hasn' t been created yet) not on the localhost. The server-config.wsdd
file gets created only when I deploy some services, but the AdminClient
won't run untill I specify the remoteAdmin param in the server-config
file. Obviously I cannot specify such param because the file doesn' t
exist yet.
How can I solve this? Is there another way (apart from deploying
services) to create the server-config file?

Thanks in advance

Massimo Barabino

Re: AdminClient Problem

Posted by Massimo Barabino <ms...@virgilio.it>.
Benjamin Tomasini wrote:

>There is a way to run the AdminClient using the local option.
>
>The allows the server-config.wsdd to be created in the directory you run
>the client from.  Here is an example from my ant script.  I have left
>out my classpath, etc...
>

>... Copy over a template file
>
>    <!-- Run admin client to deploy, then copy to WEB-INF -->
>    <copy tofile="./server-config.wsdd" overwrite="true"
>      file="${server-config.wsdd}"/>
>
>... Undeploy
>
>    <java fork="yes" classname="org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient">
>      <arg value="${undeploy.wsdd}"/>
>      <arg value="-llocal://"/>
>      <classpath refid="classpath.deploy"/>
>    </java>
>
>... Deploy
>
>    <java fork="yes" classname="org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient">
>      <arg value="${deploy.wsdd}"/>
>      <arg value="-llocal://"/>
>      <classpath refid="classpath.deploy"/>
>    </java>
>
>... List
>
>    <java fork="yes" classname="org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient">
>      <arg value="-llocal://"/>
>      <arg value="list"/>
>      <classpath refid="classpath.deploy"/>
>    </java>

Thank you very much. This really helped!
Massimo Barabino

SOAP Arrays Vs. Unbounded

Posted by Sebastian Esponda <se...@hotpop.com>.
Hello there,

I deployed an Axis WS with complex types using beanMapping tags.
Due to new project requirements (a loooong history), I'd had to eliminate the use of
SOAP arrays in the autogenerated WSDL, so I changed my JavaBeans to simple "C-like" structs:

1) removed get/set methods
2) made attributes public

Now, when I deploy the service the generated WSDL contains data like this:

<wsdl:types>
   <schema targetNamespace="http://mydomain">
     <complexType name="complexType0009">
        <complexContent>
           <element name="name" type="xsd:boolean"/>
           <element name="address" type="xsd:boolean"/>
           <element name="country" type="xsd:boolean"/>
           <element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="pets" nillable="true"

                   type="tns2:PetType"/>
        </complexContent>
    </complexType>

Does any of you know if this can cause interop problems ?? any kind of trouble ??
Is this WSDL legal ?

Where are dealing with extrange results using MS SOAP 3 on client side...

Any help or hint wil be *VERY* welcome !!!

Thank you very much,

Re: AdminClient Problem

Posted by Benjamin Tomasini <bt...@neteverything.com>.

--