Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/03 16:02:18 UTC

Hive policy for all tables in a Hive schema

Hi,
would be possible to create a policy based on all tables within a Hive
database (schema)?
Like `schema_A/*`, where the policy is applied to all tables as part of
`schema_A`.
I noticed that "tables" and "columns" are mandatory, but just "columns" has
a "all" option.

Thanks.

Re: Hive policy for all tables in a Hive schema

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Won’t the following work?

Database:  schema_A

Table: *

Column: *

Bosco

From: Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 3:34 PM
To: <us...@ranger.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Hive policy for all tables in a Hive schema

Maybe I'm missing something or there's an easy  way I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

Posted by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>.