Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Frauenberger <f_...@gmx.net> on 2000/02/18 10:46:22 UTC

session tracking

Hi,

I've got a problem with session tracking on tomcat.
I am using SGI/IRIX, JDK1.2, JSDK2.0, JServ 1.1 and tomcat 3.1M1
What happens is that the code :
HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
if (session == null) session = request.getSession(true);
always produces new Sessions (and Cookies).
This just happens when I go through the Apache connection (mod_jserv), it
works fine if I connect directly to Tomcat on Port 8080.
Could it be that the Connection to Apache cant handle Cookies ?
(I've tried to figure out this problem also within the JServ Mailinglists,
but they ment the problem is at tomcats side)

Thanks for help
Christopher

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net