Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com> on 2009/05/01 04:53:35 UTC

Re: Guththila and UTF-8?

Hi David,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM, David Taylor (Lowell) <dk...@f5.com>wrote:

>  Supun,
>

> Thanks for the offer to help.  I have a fix working, now.  It handles UTF-8
> code for element and attribute values, but depends on the system locale for
> element and attribute names (it still uses isspace and isalpha).  It would
> probably be better to use iswspace and iswalpha, though I am not sure
> whether they are as portable to all systems AXIS2/C supports.  What do you
> think about that?
>

> In any case, what should be the next step for my changes?  Would you like
> me to email a patch or attach it to the JIRA bug?  Do you prefer just
> regular diff -u patches?

You have to attach the patch to JIRA bug. Regular diff -u patch is enough.
When attaching the patch, you have to give apache licence permission to the
patch.

Regards,
Shankar

--
S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect

RE: When Basic authentication is on, client calls server twice

Posted by "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dk...@F5.com>.
We also got bit by this bug and have used the recommended fix of adding a missing "else" keyword.  This has worked for us for several months without issue.  To make it easier for others, I just attached a patch file to JIRA AXIS2C-1244.  I hope this can make it into the next release of AXIS2/C.  I hope this helps.
Thanks,
-David

________________________________
I am currently encountering a serious bug that seems exist in axis2/c. I am using version 1.5 and I also tried version 1.6. The bug has to do with the usage of Basic Authentication in web service client calls. I noticed that the server side receives two calls for each one client call. This caused problem in server side, because for each call, the server side is supposed to post data in a database table and then send out emails. Now, for each client call, the server side post the same data twice and send out emails twice.

This is absolutely unacceptable. This means that Basic authentication is not supported in axis2/c.

I was browsing the bug database and noticed that there is a bug reported (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-1244) for this problem. Is there any plan to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
Gordon

When Basic authentication is on, client calls server twice

RE: Guththila and UTF-8?

Posted by "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dk...@F5.com>.
I just submitted a patch to fix most of this issue (JIRA 1265).  Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12407627/utf8-patch.txt

Posted by "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dk...@F5.com>.
That sounds easy enough.

Re: Guththila and UTF-8?