Posted to user@struts.apache.org by VENKATESH GANGAL <ve...@rediffmail.com> on 2003/11/29 06:38:00 UTC

Server side Validation without exclusively submitting the Submit button

Hi,

I am having multiple JSP pages and these will appear in only one page after rendering using CSS.There is a left pane which will look like tabs(basically these are links) and these tabs act as hyperlinks to view that particular page on the right hand side i.e., for ex when u click on tab A ,A.JSP will appear hand side .

Now the requirement is , I will have to validate each form ( JSP) on the server side and as we are using Struts framework, how will I validate these forms when I swicth between tabs.As everything rests with the controller, can we have a mechanism to validate these forms when I switch between tabs.

Right now each of these tabs are action classes and they have an associated form classes.

Can anyone please let me know how can go about validating the present form when I try to switch to switch to other tab???

Thanks in advance...

Cheers...
Venkat