Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by trang le <le...@bellsouth.net> on 2000/07/10 05:39:49 UTC

tomcat 3.2 beta1

Hi,

I just tried to ran tomcat version 3.2 beta1.  The tomcat.bat  gave me an error message: "command line too long". It appears that tomcat.bat file has many lines that are longer than 128 characters. I used win98, jdk1.2.2 ( sometimes jdk1.3).  I don't know how to increase the length of the lines in DOS and the use of backslash(\) to continue the line did not work.

Can somebody help?

TIA

nsapi redirector on Solaris

Posted by Adam Ronthal <ar...@ibelong.com>.
Anyone had any luck building and running the nsapi redirector on Solaris?

I'm trying to setup a configuration with a dedicated webserver box running
NES  3.63 forwarding requests to a dedicated tomcat box running Tomcat 3.2b1.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done similar....

-Adam

Re: tomcat 3.2 beta1

Posted by James Cook <ji...@iname.com>.
You will have to put some of the jar files in a shorter classpath. Also, you
may be able to use relative paths...they are usually a litle shorter.

jim

Re: tomcat 3.2 beta1

Posted by Michael Rimov <ri...@centercomp.com>.
At 11:39 PM 7/9/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just tried to ran tomcat version 3.2 beta1.  The tomcat.bat  gave me an
>error message: "command line too long". It appears that tomcat.bat file
>has many lines that are longer than 128 characters. I used win98, jdk1.2.2
>( sometimes jdk1.3).  I don't know how to increase the length of the lines
>in DOS and the use of backslash(\) to continue the line did not work.

I don't think I saw anybody reply to this, so here's a shot:

How about putting tomcat into a _REALLY_ shallow directory
(ex:  C:\TC)  Since most of the long batch file lines are path related,
this should help considerably.  Also don't forget to increase your
environment space to something large (at least 4096)

HTH!
                                                 -Mike