Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/07 09:45:26 UTC

New Horizons...

Hi guys !

it's a bit off topic, but still related somehow : we will soon have
pictures of Kerberos, one of the Pluto's moon ! Anyway, from a distance
of 7 billion kms, at a speed of 49 000 km/h, transmitted from the
spaceship New Horizons at 1kb/s (yes, incredible how those guys are able
to guarantee such a bandwith that far from earth when you see how bad
can be your mobile phone communication when not close to an antenna...),
here is some picture of Pluto :

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/06/new-horizons-pluto-pictures/

I'm thrilled by what human beings can achieve. Too bad that we spend so
much intelligence, money and time to make war instead of exploring the
world...

Enjoy !

RE: New Horizons...

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.