Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/07 20:07:53 UTC

Karaf Webconsole

Every once in a while I notice that if I start up the standard Karaf
distribution fresh (no data directory) and install the webconsole feature,
I will get a 404 when I go to the web console URL.  It seems as if I
restart Karaf, then the webconsole works as I would normally expect.

When I look in the logs when this issue occurs, I don't see anything out of
the ordinary that would indicate the webconsole didn't install.  Also, if I
try to uninstall the webconsole feature (thought I'd see if that would help
in any way), I get an NPE and it's still installed.

I did some brief searching and didn't see anything that sounded like this
exact issue.  Nor am I sure how to reproduce it.  Is this a known issue
(I'm hoping it is) or should I turn on debug logging and see if I can find
anything in the debug logs that's out of the ordinary?

Thanks for all the hard work!  So far the Karaf RC1 is looking great!

Ryan

Re: Karaf Webconsole

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ryan,

You see the NPE with Karaf 3.0.0.RC1, right ?

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf Webconsole

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,
Pöease Turm on debug logging and open a Jira issue for it.

Regards, Achim

Am Sonntag, 7. April 2013 schrieb Ryan Moquin :

> Every once in a while I notice that if I start up the standard Karaf
> distribution fresh (no data directory) and install the webconsole feature,
> I will get a 404 when I go to the web console URL.  It seems as if I
> restart Karaf, then the webconsole works as I would normally expect.
>
> When I look in the logs when this issue occurs, I don't see anything out
> of the ordinary that would indicate the webconsole didn't install.  Also,
> if I try to uninstall the webconsole feature (thought I'd see if that would
> help in any way), I get an NPE and it's still installed.
>
> I did some brief searching and didn't see anything that sounded like this
> exact issue.  Nor am I sure how to reproduce it.  Is this a known issue
> (I'm hoping it is) or should I turn on debug logging and see if I can find
> anything in the debug logs that's out of the ordinary?
>
> Thanks for all the hard work!  So far the Karaf RC1 is looking great!
>
> Ryan

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead