Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Timothy Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2013/09/19 16:50:09 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.10 Beta 2 released

The Apache POI team is pleased to announce the release of POI 3.10 Beta 2.
Featured are numerous bug fixes, and some enhancements (especially in the
number of Formula Functions supported).

The Apache POI Project's mission is to create and maintain Java APIs
for manipulating various file formats based upon the Office Open XML
standards (OOXML) and Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format
(OLE2), such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.

For more information on Apache POI, visit the project home page:
http://poi.apache.org/

A full list of changes is available in the change log:
http://poi.apache.org/changes.html.

People interested should also follow the dev mailing list to track
further progress.

See the downloads page for binary and source distributions:
http://poi.apache.org/download.html

Pre-built versions of all POI components are also available in the
central Maven repository under Group ID "org.apache.poi" and Version
"3.10-beta2"

The Apache POI Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.10 Beta 2 released

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
I plan to spend some time on fixing bugs too. We really should pay
attention to contributions.

A year back, when I released POI 3.9, we had about 200 open Bugzilla issues
and now we have 350 tickets ;

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_id=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bugidtype=include&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&email1=&email2=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailassigned_to2=1&emailcc2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailtype1=substring&emailtype2=substring&field0-0-0=noop&keywords=&keywords_type=allwords&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&product=POI&query_format=advanced&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&votes=&order=bug_id%20DESC&query_based_on=

At minimum we should review and apply pending patches, we have quite a few
of them.

Yegor

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

what are the next steps on POI? Do we stabilize a bit more and release 3.10
before doing more risky stuff? Or do some more bugfixes before starting the
3.10 release process again?

Thanks... Dominik.