Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitesports.com> on 2001/12/26 04:00:24 UTC

StarTeamLIst task?

I have written a StarTeamList task to simply list the contents of some
level of the respository.  It was simple to do and is a useful debugging
aid for me if nothing else and it does mimic the list option of the
StarTeam stcmd program.

Two questions:

1. Does this task have a real place in ant?  I notice no such task in
any of the other version control optional tasks.  Is there a true use
case for it?
Or is there a consensus against including tasks of this sort?

2. If this task should stay, is there any api within the ant system for
just emitting output (without the overhead of the [taskname] indicator
at the beginning of each line, as you get with log())?