Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Arun Wagle <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/13 18:27:51 UTC

Out of memory exception - redeploy jetspeed portal in weblogic

Hello,

I am getting out of memory exception when I redeploy jetspeed portal 4-5
times in weblogic.

I ran the portal through one of the profilers and found the following
behaviour
1) The non heap memory kept on increasing when the application was
redeployed
2) The number of loaded classes kept on increasing on each redeployment and
it creashed after sometime giving out of memory exception.
The class unloading was not happenning .
For eg when I first started the server, and monitored the application,
around 20000 classes were loaded as per the profiler. After that i
redeployed a couple of times and the classes kept on increasing, after
around 25000 classes were loaded, the application crashed. The class
unloaded was in hundreds.

Why are so many classes loaded on startup and why does the unloading does
not happen ? Is there a memory leak or something ?
Has anyone encountered this error ?

When I go through the logs , some messages suggest that the while loading
the assemblies using spring components it threw some errror.
Is there a way to not load everything under assemblies at startup and sort
of do a lazy loading components?

Please advice

Regards,
Arun Wagle