Posted to users@camel.apache.org by trivedikumarb <tr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/02 20:57:21 UTC

Netty with syslog decoder

Hi All,

I am trying to expose TCP endpoint using Netty
[from('netty:tcp://localhost:12346?sync=false&allowDefaultCodec=false&encoding=UTF-8&disconnect=true')],
from the client I am sending a big syslog message. At the server side, I am
receiving the message as chunks instead of full byte[] or string. Can
someone help me or guide me on how to write decoder to handle this?

Thanks,
Trivedi

Re: Netty with syslog decoder

Posted by trivedikumarb <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus Ibsen,

Thank you for responding on this, I have already gone thru camel-syslog
component, it just provides a DataFormat to convert BSDSyslog stream into
string, but it doesn't have any codec implementation to collect all the data
over TCP. I am looking for help in how to create my own codec for Netty.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
There is a camel-syslog component. Maybe there is some pieces in there
you can use?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM, trivedikumarb <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to expose TCP endpoint using Netty
> [from('netty:tcp://localhost:12346?sync=false&allowDefaultCodec=false&encoding=UTF-8&disconnect=true')],
> from the client I am sending a big syslog message. At the server side, I am
> receiving the message as chunks instead of full byte[] or string. Can
> someone help me or guide me on how to write decoder to handle this?
>
> Thanks,
> Trivedi

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource