Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by David Thielen <da...@windward.net> on 2005/09/22 00:39:14 UTC

log4j wrapper for log4net

Hi;

I am working on some java code that we are porting to J#. Our goal is to
have a common code base so we want to be able to call the log4j classes that
we have throughout our code.

However, we do not want to port log4j as log4net exists, and is widely used
in the .net world. So I am creating a wrapper that is the public log4j
classes that underneath calls log4net.

I have two questions for the group here:

1.	Once I create this, can I give it to the logging group and you can
then make it available to others?
2.	I can't figure out how to pass through the filename & line number on
a logging call - right now it gives Logger.jsl as the filename. Can anyone
tell me how to do this?

Thanks - dave

Ps - example at http://www.windward.net/log4j4net.ZIP