Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io> on 2018/04/02 08:19:55 UTC

Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0-incubating Release Plan/Timeframe

Hi Apache HAWQ community,

We delivered latest Apache HAWQ release two weeks ago, I think it's time to
get the next release moving along.

I drafted a plan for the release Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0-incubating, now it's
open for discussion, please help to provide feedback.

Release Version:

Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0-incubating

Plan Scope:

New Feature: Pluggable Vectorized Execution Engine on HAWQ.
New Feature: Support Runtime Filter for HAWQ local hash join.
New Feature: Support accessing Hive table data by Pluggable Storage
Framework.
Bug fixes.

Release Type:

Source release and binary release.

Timeline:

Target to end of June 2018 : branch cut
Target to end of July 2018 : release

For details, you can check in the wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.4.0.0-incubating+Release

Please feel free to discuss and provide feedback, thanks.

Regards,
Radar

Re: Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0-incubating Release Plan/Timeframe

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Thank you Radar!  Looking forward to the new feature collaboration.

-=e

Posted by Lili Ma <li...@apache.org>.
Cool! Looking forward to these new features :)

Posted by Lirong Jian <ji...@gmail.com>.
Awesome job, Rader.

Posted by Hongxu Ma <in...@outlook.com>.
Thanks Radar, wonderful features!
👏 👏

在 02/04/2018 16:19, Radar Lei 写道:
> Hi Apache HAWQ community,
>
> We delivered latest Apache HAWQ release two weeks ago, I think it's time to
> get the next release moving along.
>
> I drafted a plan for the release Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0-incubating, now it's
> open for discussion, please help to provide feedback.
>
> Release Version:
>
> Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0-incubating
>

> Plan Scope:
>
> New Feature: Pluggable Vectorized Execution Engine on HAWQ.
> New Feature: Support Runtime Filter for HAWQ local hash join.
> New Feature: Support accessing Hive table data by Pluggable Storage
> Framework.
> Bug fixes.
>

> Release Type:
>
> Source release and binary release.
>

> Timeline:
>
> Target to end of June 2018 : branch cut
> Target to end of July 2018 : release
>

> For details, you can check in the wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.4.0.0-incubating+Release
>

> Please feel free to discuss and provide feedback, thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Radar

Hongxu.