Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Josh Suereth <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/28 22:15:39 UTC

Maven-bundle-plugin & Scala

Apache Felix Users -

I'm currently working om a scalac (the scala compiler) plugin that enforces
all package imports within a scala "module" either come from that module or
are exported by another module on its classpath.  I'd like to integrate into
the "bundle" lifecycle.  Currently, for jar/war projects, the
maven-scala-plugin executes before the maven-compiler-plugin (generating
.class files for the .scala files and simply parsing the .java), then the
maven-compiler plugin handles the actual  .java compilation and the whole
lifecycle is happy.   Is this approach feasible for integration with the
maven-bundle-plugin?

Thanks!!
-Josh Suereth

Re: Maven-bundle-plugin & Scala

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
I've used the scala plugin and the felix bundle plugin together in the past
with no problems, everything seemed to work perfectly normal, and the bnd
tool used by the bundle plugin operates on class files).
...and then Buffy staked Edward.  The End.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/3/1 Josh Suereth <jo...@gmail.com>

> Apache Felix Users -
>
> I'm currently working om a scalac (the scala compiler) plugin that enforces
> all package imports within a scala "module" either come from that module or
> are exported by another module on its classpath.  I'd like to integrate
> into
> the "bundle" lifecycle.  Currently, for jar/war projects, the
> maven-scala-plugin executes before the maven-compiler-plugin (generating
> .class files for the .scala files and simply parsing the .java), then the
> maven-compiler plugin handles the actual  .java compilation and the whole
> lifecycle is happy.   Is this approach feasible for integration with the
> maven-bundle-plugin?

yes, it should be feasible - if you have any problems send a note to the
Apache Felix
users list (users@felix.apache.org) as the maven-bundle-plugin is a Felix
sub-project.

Thanks!!