Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com> on 2003/02/10 11:50:15 UTC

& chars in strings under 1.1

Has anyone found a problem with "&" characters in XML/RPC 1.1.

We're getting the following exception on the client side:

===
Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: invalid Character
Entitiy com.softsell.sovt.api.VtConnectionException: i/o exception in vmon
proxy       at
com.softsell.sovt.framework.VtVmonMPProxy.call(VtVmonMPProxy.java:59
1)
===

Looking at the code, the server side seems to be coded to write these out
as the appropriate literal strings. Briefly looked at the MiniML code, but it's a
tad difficult to follow at first pass so thought I'd check before diving in.

Note: I tried to subscribe before sending this but got:

===
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work
out.

<rp...@xml.apache.org>:
===

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com
+44 (0)20 7488 3470
www.Ascert.com

Re: & chars in strings under 1.1

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Are you using SimpleXmlRpcClient?  This was a problem but is now fixed
in 1.2-beta, which should be released this week.

--
Ryan Hoegg