Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Leonard, Carl" <CL...@whisolutions.com> on 2018/05/29 17:32:22 UTC

Throttling on replication after ADDREPLICA

My setup is a 3 shard index with 20GB per shard.  I am migrating from a master/slave replication to TLOG replicas using Solr 7.1.

In my use case I have to recreate my index from scratch each day.  I have a heterogeneous setup with a high powered indexer and lesser searcher that answer queries.

My method it to create a new collection with a single TLOG instance and then build the data.  When complete I use ADDREPLICA to create the replicas on the searcher instances.

My issue is that the replication after the ADDREPLICA seems to be limited to about 100Mbits per second.  I am on a 1Gbit network and I am able to rsync or scp at full speed.  This causes excess delays and it is a real problem.  I've looked for what is throttling the replication, but I have not found anything that makes any difference.  I've tried

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler">
  <lst name="invariants">
    <str name="maxWriteMBPerSec">1000</str>
  </lst>
</requestHandler>

That did not change anything.

Is there a config option that I have not found to control this?  I've looked in the source code, but have not found anything there either.

Thanks in advance if anyone could help point me in the correct direction in either config options or where this might be in the source.