Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Desmond Lownds <de...@chgcompanies.com> on 2007/05/29 23:34:47 UTC

adding Any elements in UsernameToken

The  ws-security 2004 specification allows for an "Any" element within
the UsernameToken element:

" /wsse:UsernameToken/{any} This is an extensibility mechanism to allow
different (extensible) types of security information, based on a schema,
to be passed. Unrecognized elements SHOULD cause a fault."

Is there a way to implement this using wss4j?

(I am using xfire, and have been able to cobble together another
OutHandler to munge in the required extra element, looking for something
cleaner.)

Des

Re: adding Any elements in UsernameToken

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.
Once again, I *think* I have a patch for this (http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-74).  I've done some work to allow
the addition of custom processors and actions, but I've not submitted
an update to the patch I have submitted that allows customization of
actions (the currently submitted patch only addresses customization
of actions).  I'll try to submit the follow-on patch this week.

I'm not sure if XFire will be able to use this new functionality
without modifications to their interceptors, however, and even then,
you'd likely need to wait for a WSS4J release with this patch.

-Fred

Posted by Fred Dushin <fr...@dushin.net>.