Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Dominik Guder <os...@guder.org> on 2011/08/22 21:19:39 UTC

Re: [nant-dev] Configuration to Target 3.5/4.0 Client Profiles?

Hi Stefan,

glad to hear this.

Am 16.08.2011 06:09, schrieb Stefan Bodewig:
> Hi,
>
> over in log4net land we are seriously ramping up for a new release (who
> would have ever thought that 8-) and need to provide assemblies stripped
> down to the client profiles.  Has anybody around here got a
> configuration that can be used to target the client frameworks?
>
> My first guess, but I haven't really looked into it, is that one mostly
> needs to remove some assemblies from the reference-assemblies element of
> the corresponding full framework target.
>
> Stefan

As you might found out nant don't have a Client-Profile Target
currently, since we are targeted mainly on .Net 4.0 support. So nant can
be used on a .net 4.0 full runtime. But if someone doesn't add
references to System.Web or similar, client profile should work too.
(Maybe I'm wrong)

IMHO we at nant should review the target definition process either
before we extend it more. (just a side note)

Nevertheless I want to offer you my support regarding nant. If you
encounter any issue or location where changes in nant might help you
don't hesitate to drop me an email.

So far and "keep coding" (Rob Mensching)

Dominik

--
The answer to the great question of life,
the universe and everything is 42 (Douglas Adams)