Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2008/11/22 03:15:45 UTC

Friday / OT - anyone else request the MSDN subscription

I hate to ask Garrett what's going on with the MSDN subscription, I
mean, that would seem a bit unappreciative since the subscription is
pretty much a gift from M$. But, it's been like a month since he last
sent out a message about the subscriptions. Anyhow, I figure maybe they
are processing alphabetically or something and I'll be one of the last
on the list and wondered if anyone else signed up for the subscription
that has maybe heard something more since October.

-Wes

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

> You can, but that's not without its own issues. I've seen bugs that appear
> only with a dual-IE environment, and not with either version of IE alone.
>
> Personally, I like to use multiple VMware images for this kind of thing.

I am running IE 6 on xp without any installation..just a zip with an
executable and a bunch of dlls, I dont think it would cause any problems. I
have it at work so I am not sure what I got it from, I will post it later.

Re: Friday / OT - anyone else request the MSDN subscription

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

> The main reason I haven't been in windows is that I've got too much s**t
> to do. As soon as I get this book done, you and I are going to hook up
> in whatever the current MMO and you are going to teach me how to have
> some fun!!!

;)

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 10:18 -0500, Musachy Barroso wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> wrote:

> you know you can run IE6 side by side with IE 7 on xp right? probably on
> vista too.

I've never tried, but that should save me some disk space (one less VM).

> > As far as Visual Studio, etc... unless it runs under wine, I'm not sure
> > if I can use it ;-)
> >

> eww.

Wine isn't so bad, I run Word/Excel in it all the time and haven't had
any serious problems. If you can get past installation, then it's
usually smooth sailing.

Plus, thanks to a stroke of luck (and a quick notification from Jeromy),
Crossover office was free for a day -

I jumped all over that!

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.