Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/18 04:23:34 UTC

templates for Issues and Pull Requests

Github introduced a new feature: templates for Issues and Pull Requests.
https://github.com/blog/2111-issue-and-pull-request-templates

This feature sounds useful. Should we try?

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: templates for Issues and Pull Requests

Posted by Yunseong Lee <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The feature looks great, but I'm little bit curious whether it would fit
REEF's management cycle:
1) Issues are registered in JIRA
2) The PR messages import the commit message automatically, which should
have been written based on our guide (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/REEF/Contributing)

So, I think even we have a template for the Github, we may hardly benefit
the feature. Would there be a way to use Github anyhow?

Thanks,
Yunseong