Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/23 22:51:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Shared Environment Variable.

Running Apache 2.2 on Fedora 7, I have an environment
variable that is needed in a RewriteCond as well as
elsewhere in a bash script.  I would rather not set
it in two places.

Now I was setting it in /etc/bashrc, but it did not
work because, as I just learned, bashrc environment
variables are not available during boot up.

I therefore set the environment variable with a
RewriteRule.  I intend to add some lines to .bashrc
to scan httpd.config for RewriteRule lines that set
environment variables, and then set them in the shell.

I am sure that this will work, but there must be a
better way.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike.