Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com> on 2012/04/30 06:19:46 UTC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Apache MyFaces Portlet Bridge 3.0.0-alpha (Portlet Bridge for JSF 2.0)

What's the status of the portlet bridge 3.0 project? This alpha release was
a year ago...
___

Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter:
jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3

* Listen to the latest headlines in the JSF and Java EE newscast:
http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/roller/editorsdesk/category/JSF+and+Java+EE+Newscast
* Sign up for the JSFCentral newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17

Posted by Michael Freedman <mi...@oracle.com>.
Kito,
    Progress hasn't gotten too much further then this.  I have
implemented a reachitected bridge that opens up the internals for
replacement/overriding that is sitting in a branch pretty much waiting
for me to get the time to package it for release.  However though having
a cleaner extensible impl it doesn't push the function any farther into
providing full 2.0 or 2.1 support than alpha did (though given that the
alpha release did support ajax and such alot of the important basics are
already there.)  I did the reachitecture in part to entice the two other
players in this space (liferay and jboss) to maybe join up with me to
collaborate/extend/contribute to this work.  However as far as I know
each has decided to push forward with their own (somewhat)  independent
work.  In terms of actually doing a JSR for defining the 2.0/2.1
function I think the odds are pretty low.  The EG participation at the
end of the 301/329 pretty much dwindled to nothing and I/Oracle would
need significant help to move this forward at/in a reasonable timeframe.
      -Mike-