Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/27 22:47:54 UTC

Documentation revisit

As we have one version out the door, should we revisit the documentation
question? As I recall we had three options we were looking at:

   - Docbook
   - ReStructuredText via Sphinx (the plugin we were looking at is up to
   date and should be in maven central now)
   - Continue with Confluence

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer
Open Source Advocate

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

Re: Documentation revisit

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Per Gerhard's request, points wrt the Apache CMS in the context of the
DS documentation question:

- the CMS is adequate to the task of creating a project website
- AFAIK DS would need a location in Apache SVN to maintain the site source
- adapting the straight Apache CMS into a Maven-runnable plugin for
the purpose of creating portable documentation would probably be
doable, while not super-trivial
- considering the above, there might still be merit in using the CMS
for the project website and using another Markdown-like option for
docs, to pursue the greatest possible degree of commonality
- then again, maybe not :|

$0.02,
Matt

Re: Documentation revisit