Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Markus Rau <ma...@gmx.net> on 2013/01/14 17:21:21 UTC

Persist unvalidated values entered in Form

Can i persist the contents of a BeanEditForm somehow? I try to get the
following scenario to work: a user tries to enter new data in a CRUD
application and gets some errors after submitting and has to navigate to
another page to fix it. When the user returns to the data entry page the
values that were already entered should be back.

Re: Persist unvalidated values entered in Form

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:21:21 -0200, Markus Rau <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Can i persist the contents of a BeanEditForm somehow?

Nope, but you can persist the object you pass to it.

> I try to get the
> following scenario to work: a user tries to enter new data in a CRUD
> application and gets some errors after submitting and has to navigate to
> another page to fix it. When the user returns to the data entry page the
> values that were already entered should be back.

Doesn't Tapestry already do that already, no code needed?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Re: Persist unvalidated values entered in Form

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
If the use has to navigate to "another" page to fix it, then you may use
the @SessionState annotation
Check this page:
http://tapestry.apache.org/session-storage.html