Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Zubair Ahmed <zu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/21 19:17:50 UTC

trying to log into my pc's ftpserver using ip from "www.myipaddress.com"

Hi I am finally successful in running the embedded server example and adding new users :)  , now when I access the server using  ftp://127.0.0.1/ there is no problem, but when I try to do the same thing using my machine's static ip address from "www.myipaddress.com", I get "530 User ----  cannot log in".
log file : https://gist.github.com/1232690I have tried putting the fire wall off but doesn't help.
ThanksZubair

Re: trying to log into my pc's ftpserver using ip from "www.myipaddress.com"

Posted by Zubair Ahmed <zu...@yahoo.com>.
I dint try to login as anonymous. It appears that trying to login using my static ip i am not  reaching my ftp server at all, rather some windows service. After searching on the web, I guess I have to do something with port forwarding to let my ftp service be accessible on the internet.

Posted by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com>.