Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Alex Egg <eg...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/31 04:03:22 UTC

simple buildnumber task usage question

Hi have this gzip task, and I would like to use the buildnumber task to
append a build number to the file name:
<gzip src="${temp}/s3/_management.js" destfile="${temp}/s3/management_${
build.number}.js"/>

So my gzipped file would be something like: management_3.js

I already have the task in my build file as:

<buildnumber/>

but that just saves it to the build.number file, how do I get it to a
property in my build file so I can use it in my path name?

Re: simple buildnumber task usage question

Posted by Alex Egg <eg...@gmail.com>.
Oh coo. I didn't see that anywhere in the docs...

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
The BuildNumber task sets the property build.number when executed. You
don't have to do anything else.