Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2017/04/23 17:59:18 UTC

New site and logo

The Mahout site is moving to Jekyll with a bit if a new look and so it might be nice to get an update of the logo.

I think the consensus was to keep the Mahout name but I didn’t get a feel for the logo.

One concern mentioned is that Mahout is no longer attached to Hadoop (the elephant) so the blue mahout might not be the best logo.

I’d be willing to start and chip in for a 99designs contest if everyone can chime in about what they want.

1) should we only update the current logo?
2) should we open designs up to non-blue-man logos?
3) what should the criteria be for a winner?
4) given the new moniker Mahout-Samsara, should the logo be identified with that in some way?

Any thoughts we can give to the contest designers will help.

Re: New site and logo

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to you go.  Replying "unsubscribe" is not going to have any affect,
as you are by now probably gathering.  Please send a message to

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

Re: New site and logo

Posted by Sebastian Feher <se...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
unsubscribe

Re: New site and logo