Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Oliver Jones <ol...@glance.net> on 2016/07/15 19:32:03 UTC

Coping with abandoned sessions?

Hello, Guacamole people:

How do you cope with abandoned sessions?

If I have a (casual) user on an xrdp session displayed in a browser, and
that user closes the window intentionally because she's done with the
session,

How can the session get torn down? Is there any way to trigger a cleanup
script on the user data inside the session?

Thanks.

Re: Coping with abandoned sessions?

Posted by Oliver Jones <ol...@glance.net>.
On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 4:28 PM, brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>   /etc/xrdp/sesman.ini

Thanks, Brian!

Re: Coping with abandoned sessions?

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
Let the neutrinolabs devs know by filing an "issue" on their github..?

Posted by Oliver Jones <ol...@glance.net>.

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
Ollie

if you look in:
     /etc/xrdp/sesman.ini

You will see many session configurable items related to user sessions...
and configure them however you need.

## KillDisconnected - kill disconnected sessions
# Type: integer
# Default: 0
# if 1, true, or yes, kill session after 60 seconds
*KillDisconnected=0*

## IdleTimeLimit - when to disconnect idle sessions
# Type: integer
# Default: 0
# if not zero, the seconds without mouse or keyboard input before disconnect
# not complete yet
*IdleTimeLimit=0*

## DisconnectedTimeLimit - when to kill idle sessions
# Type: integer
# Default: 0
# if not zero, the seconds before a disconnected session is killed
# min 60 seconds
*DisconnectedTimeLimit=0*

Brian

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.