Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by ALEX CARSON <al...@btopenworld.com> on 2014/01/15 20:59:01 UTC

spell check

Hi,

Following the installation of version 4.0.1 on my netbook running windows 7 starter, The spell checker underlines every word in the document. I checked that the language was set correctly and the dictionaries were also set, in the tools options menu. I have tried uninstalling it and the re - install but nothing works.

I tried to register on the forum but it would not accept my e-mail and version/ operating system

Alex

Re: List Management Software [Was: spell check]

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> Dave Barton wrote:
>>
>> it would be a big help if the list software could be
>> configured to tag the subject line of messages that had passed
>> moderation with something like [MODERATED]. This was done (albeit not
>> with 100% reliably) on the old OOo users list.
>

> I investigated this with Infra last year. I even posted to the ezmlm-idx
> mailing list looking for possible solutions. But this went nowhere: Infra is
> not going to hack the software and developers apparently are not going to
> implement this feature. If someone wants further details and links to
> restart the discussion I can retrieve them.

I run a script over the mbox files to see how many posts are from
non-subscribers.  Over 2013 40% of new threads on the users list are
started by non-subscribers.  So this is very common.  My practice is
to copy the poster on any response unless the name is familiar to me
as a regular poster.  This is non-optimal, since that can lead the the
followup post coming to me alone.

In any case, the 40% number shows that this is not a random occasional
accident, but is a mainstream way of using this mailing list.  If we
changed the list to disallow posts by non-subscribers (which we could)
then we'd have the different problem of the 40% who have a single
question to post, but then have difficulties unsubscribing.  As we
know that can generated even more noise on the list.

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 07:19:20PM -0500, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> That only works if you are on the beta channel for Thunderbird. In
> release version the filters still do not work due to there being
> 2 Delivered-to headers. I just tried to download the Version 27 beta
> to try it out and there is currently no Windows version available.

Try with
http://download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/thunderbird/releases/27.0b1/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%2027.0b1.exe

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: List Management Software [Was: spell check]

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Re: List Management Software [Was: spell check]

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Hagar Delest wrote:
> Top posting,
>
> The filter works fine now with Thunderbird so a mere filter is now
> enough to add a tag/color to such messages. Using TB 27 now but it
> worked again in a previous version (at least 26).
>
> Hagar

Hagar;

That only works if you are on the beta channel for Thunderbird. In
release version the filters still do not work due to there being 2
Delivered-to headers. I just tried to download the Version 27 beta to
try it out and there is currently no Windows version available.

Regards
Keith

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Top posting,

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
We can do it manually, as much as automatically, as much as you.

List Management Software [Was: spell check]

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.

Re: spell check

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.