Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Kean Erickson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/21 20:19:05 UTC

Tomee 7.1.0 webprofile: "Unknown error in assembler"

 This error has only happened once and I don't need any sort of resolution
on it, just wanted to share the log because it implored me to do so:
"[junit] SEVERE: FATAL ERROR: Unknown error in Assembler.  Please send the
following stack trace and this message to users@tomee.apache.org"

I ran into the error (log is attached) when accessing InitialContext like
this from a long-running thread on a Windows 10 machine:

    static {
        try {
            final InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
            // .....
        } catch (NamingException e) {
            throw new IllegalStateException(e);
        }
    }

I replaced out our code with markers: <<< >>>
This happened when a thread tried to access new InitialContext() on startup.

-Kean